My exploits abroad

Thursday, December 24, 2009

The End



I am currently on US Airways flight 733 from London Gatwick to Charlotte Douglas. It is 2pm eastern standard time, and I’ve been on this plane for almost 7 hours. As I sit here, hoping my computer doesn’t die as I write this, I am starting to reflect back on this semester. What a ride these last few months have been. I’m still struggling to believe that I have not been in America, not seen my family, my friends, Tom, for 14 weeks, some even longer. Its incredible how much I’ve learned this semester. I’ve learned so much about theatre, and creative writing, public trasportation, British Culture, and I think, more importantly, my self and who I am in Christ. So I am about embark on another list-I love them so much, because they don’t have to make sense in any order, and they are easy to look at and read. I am also going to include some of my pictures from the last few days.

Sooo Here it goes.

What I learned during my semester abroad:

1. Flying is not that fun. Neither are airports. Or luggage. It’s the destination that is fun.

2. I am horrible at downsizing luggage. I brought WAY too much, and I have more muscular arms to prove it.

3. Public transportation is easy when your are confident. And pay attention to signs. And if you go the wrong way, just get off and switch directions. Don’t keep going when you know your going the wrong way.

4. Church is vital to making a home, and being comfortable.

5. I love planning trips. I could do it professionally if I didn’t want to travel so much.

6. Cooking is really really really fun. I feel like I have a little bit of a nack for adusting recipe’s to taste different and still good. I also love baking for other people.

7. I don’t like long classes, and ones that are only once a week.

8. I should never take less than 16 hours. It makes me way t lazy.

9. Winter is fun for a week. I love summer way more.

10. Friends are not as hard to come by as I thought. I have learned to be more open with people, and have made so pretty awesome friends because of it.

11. I know what I believe. I know not everyone agrees. I am ok with the fact that what I believe I believe is truth. And I am ok with standing up with what I believe in. God is powerful and amazing and I love him. He is more my life now than when I left.

12. I am so so glad I never have to live on campus again. I will never regreat that decision.

13. I could live permanently in London. Not forever, but I do love the city.

14. I’m not as introverted as I used to be.

15. I now understand what most of the nubers and dials on my camera mean.

16. I love cheese

17. I love pasta

18. I can be not socially awkward if I try really hard.

19. I love people. I love being around them, learning about them, enjoying who God has created them to be.

I love myself. God has made me the way I am because that is what serves Him best. I’m no where close to perfect, by the world’s standards. And further away from the more important ones. But I love who I am, who I am becoming, and where I am going in my life. I have grown so much this semester. I am not scared to ask questions, or answer them. This is who I am. I am proud to be alive in Christ, and be the person He has created me to be.





I'm sure, as I get further away from this experience I realize even more what I've

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Followers