My exploits abroad

Thursday, December 3, 2009

"Inspiration" or "Research"

So, for the three of four people who read this. I love you guys. Thanks for making me feel loved. I can't believe I'm almost done with this experience. I litterally have two weeks and two days left. It is insanity. This weekend, I'm jet setting on a cheap coach trip to Paris. I'm not as excited as I should be because I'm really stressed about school work and life in general. In other news, I'm submitting some pictures of a photo contest here at school. We'll see if they are any good!

So here's what I need help with. The male character in my script is lacking depth. He sits there and lets people use him to get what they need, and loves them past it. He is human, because he gets angry and moves on, but he doesn't have any character flaws. I need him to have some flaws. So what I need from you, my loyal reader base, is some ideas on character flaws to give him. The opposing character in the piece is self loathing and frivolous. She does what she wants without considering the consequences. What I need is some character flaws for the male character that will continue to accent the issues she has, but make him real.

Please help me out. I'm desperate.
Thank you.


3 comments:

  1. Now, I don't know anything about script writing and whatnot, but if he's being used, then some of his flaws could be like bitterness or pride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i vote pride. i've felt used before and it is frustrating, but forgiving them and moving on can be a source of pride. thinking "i would never treat people like that" or "does anyone else notice how much better i am than most people?" both statements totally wrong and selfish, but easy to hide from people because now showing the pride only feeds it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say Pride, because "hubris" is always a good issue to give guys, but it seems like his counterpart already has that, with the not considering the consequences.

    You could make it subtle, where he thinks he's superior because he lets people use him. It seems like if he lets people use him that depression or self-loathing would be better though.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Followers