My exploits abroad

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Shakespeare's Globe, Parliament Pub, and The Piano Bar

So The rest of this week was uneventful. Mostly. OK, not really.
Thursday, My Script Got read in class. It didn't go over as incredibly as I would have hoped (you know thunderous applause and no negative feedback. O and a publishing deal), however, I think my class did like it. They identified with characters much differently than any one else who's read it has, and they had some great suggestions as to how to improve it. I may or may not have started a new one. I just got a really good idea and so I figured I should write it down, and see if it goes anywhere. As daunting a tasks as it is, I really enjoy writing. So even if they go no where, its fun to be creative in that sense.
That night, Kim and I took the bus to Fullum Broadway and met some girls from our small group and had some tex-mex. Good night. Also, this is proof I have British Friends. Yay!! They are all really really awesome. I'm really going to miss Hillsong.

On Friday, my British Life class had a trip to the Globe Theatre and Parliament. So I woke up and headed to the South Bank. I met cate, Raquel and Megan on the way in, and Kim met us at the theatre. We took a tour of the Globe. Its pretty sweet inside. I wish the season was still happening but it ended in October. :-(

After the tour, we walked around in the Exhibition and I got some sweet posters for my classroom(!) and then we headed to get some food and to Parliament.


We were already tired when we got there. We also had the most dry tour guide EVER. In his defense, I don't think he was actually a tour guide, but still. it was SO. BORING.

After, Kim and I called up a friend from church (another British Friend!) who works in Parliament. She showed us around another part of the building, then we went and had a drink in the pub inside of Parliament(!) I felt very cool, and got to see the British Parliament Rugby Team and the South African one, who were in town for a match. Here tour was about ten times better than the legit one.

Yesterday, I woke up really late, and hung out and got some work done. Then we headed to Raquel's for dinner. After Dinner, we headed to Kensington High Street to the Piano Bar. It was the coolest place! There was live piano music and TONS of people. We had such a great time. Then we took the tube/bus/another bus/walked 10 min to get home because London shuts down at mid, and there are no more trains. It was SUCH a great night though. Lots of good friends and good music!
Today, I woke up to go to church. As I was getting off the bus, a monsoon broke lose, and I got completely soaked, even though I was wearing a raincoat and had an umbrella. Welcome to London. All I could do was laugh!!
Church was really great. Love. that was what I heard about for an hour. SO SO amazing. My God loves me, and he opens up my heart to being able to truly and unconditionally love other people. SO awesome.
Kim and I then went to Subway, the into a sports shot to find some football jerseys. The rain let up, but it sure was cold. Its officially winter I'd say.

I'm just starting to really really love it here. I'm glad I have a whole month left, although I am really missing certain people.

1 comment:

About Me

Followers